[extropy-chat] Aw Nuts! Bush Wins...

Patrick Wilken Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Wed Nov 3 15:30:59 UTC 2004

On 3 Nov 2004, at 14:54, Mike Lorrey wrote:
> I suspect most of your friends would fall into that class of people
> that are referred to as "the chattering class".

Mike: I am not sure that calling someone (or at least their friends) a
member of the "chattering class" is particularly nicer than saying that
their friends are a bunch of dumb rednecks who don't know any better. I
don't think its appropriate on list to say such things.

> Europe thought the same of Reagan, and were rewarded with the collapse
> of the iron curtain. They should be so fortunate again.

I thought you thought Bush was the lesser of two evils. Do you think
that he is going to achieve great and positive things in the next four
years? He seems so anti-libertarian on so many levels that I find it
weird that you would actually have anything positive to say about him.
What do you think the lasting positive legacy of Bush's presidency is
going to be?

best, patrick