[extropy-chat] Aw Nuts! Bush Wins...

Kevin Freels cmcmortgage at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 3 17:46:19 UTC 2004

This is so simple that I don;t know why people here don;t get it.
If Kerry actually believed what he says, and his future actions could be
easily predicted, he wouldn't have had a problem. It seems like everyone
here but MIke Lorrey compares Bush's policies with what Kerry says his
policies would be. This comparison is made while ignoring the fact that John
Kerry doesn;t have a clue where he stands on any of the issues. He says what
he thinks people want to hear to elect him and you fall for it every time.
He flips and flops. The bottom line is that he is unpredictable. If he had
said "I am going to pull out of Iraq and put that money into MNT", you would
be excited, but do you honestly think he would follow through? If you
actually think that he would do as he says, you are basing that on faith (or
something like it) instead of logic.

The fact is, no matter how much I dislike many of Bush's policies, I can
predict what he is going to do. I know where he stands. There are many
places where I am at odds with him, particularly stem cell research,
cloning, foreign policy, and gay marriage. But for all I know, Kerry is most
likely lying about his stance on these things. He has taken both sides on
these issues and you have only heard him say what you wanted to hear hiim
say. He is also just as guilty of invoking "God" at every turn....unless he
is addressing a secular crowd.

When faced with an unpredictable character and a predictable one, most
people will choose the predictable one. This is why I preferred the known
evil of Bush over the unknown evil of Kerry. Although I don;t have any
polling data that says so, my gut tells me that the swing voters went Bush'd
way for that same reason.