[extropy-chat] Extropian Scorecard

Patrick Wilken Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Thu Nov 4 16:22:33 UTC 2004

Natasha, Mike and others on this list:

Is there some sort of Extropian scorecard for the different
(ex-)candidates? I am sort of curious how Bush and Kerry would have
stacked up. Its seems obvious to me that Bush would score very poorly
on many measures, but apparently there are smart people here who voted
for Bush. It would seem to me that they would have to have voted for
Bush while holding their noses against his anti-extropian stench, but I
am willing to convinced otherwise. So putting aside from the
possibility put forward by Mike that Bush is more likely to lead to the
collapse of the US economic system, thereby making way for an Extropian
paradise built on its ashes, what are the good Extropian reasons for
voting for Bush?

On many issues it would seem obvious that fundamentalist beliefs put
forward by supporters of Bush - anti-stem cell research, anti-science,
anti-homosexuality (actually any sexuality that doesn't lead to a
traditional Christian nuclear family), anti-drugs, anti-division
between church and state, anti-privacy - are anti-extropian.

The only pro-extropian statement I have see clearly articulated for
Bush on this list is that he would be better (in some vague sense) for
the economy. Though given what he has achieved for the US economy to
date it seems more that that this is a knee-jerk reaction equating
Republicans with better stewardship for economic matters than than
Democrats.

So please tell me why any Extropian would be willing to stand up and
proudly say they voted for Bush.

best, patrick