[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 06:23:23 UTC 2004

I may not have formulated my point well Andrew: I know what you say
here is true.
The difference between the two camps used to be, that Reps wanted a
smaller state and more economic freedom, and the Dems wanted more
state intervention and are prepared to accept less economic freedom
against more social policies.
You had smart and well educated people and good arguments in both
camps and people used to vote on issues and not on ideology.
But these elections were not about the size of the state. As many many
Rep voters said in exit polls, they were about moral values. And they
mentioned specifically God, gay marriage and stem cells.
I am not complaining that you elected a Republican president. There
have been many good Republican presidents. I am complaining that you
elected a president who wants to turn the US into a fundamentalist
theocracy in the purest taliban style.
G.