[extropy-chat] Delusions of Hypocrisy

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 14:53:38 UTC 2004

Mike, i like your posts because you are direct,
unfortunately directness does not mean lack of
hypocrisy, if it did we would not be human, we'd be
something much more virtuous. Now, keep in mind there
is a difference between an intellectually dishonest
person and a hypocritical person. The latter is
universal; the former is less prevalent. Stating "I'm
NOT a hypocrite" is tantamount to saying, "I have
never done anything wrong in my life". Mike, however
integrated you are, you are still human; if we are
human, we are hypocritical.
This discussion makes me feel like I'm back in Sunday
School, 1964.

> That is just it, Al. I'm NOT a hypocrite. I am
> bluntly and sometimes
> rudely honest, direct, and consistent in my
> philosophy, principles, and
> politics. Your liberal smear may work on
> republicans, but it doesn't
> work on me. My integrity stands like a monument, and
> it has only one
> side to it. Hypocrisy is two facedness. I only have
> one face. You may
> not like that face, but you can't accuse it of
> hypocrisy. You may hate
> that face, but that only makes YOU the hypocrite.
>
> =====
> Mike Lorrey
> Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
> "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of
> human freedom.
> It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of
> slaves."
>                                       -William Pitt
> (1759-1806)
> Blog:
> http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Sadomikeyism

=====
Nixon in '08 - he's tanned rested and ready