[extropy-chat] Delusions of Hypocrisy

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 19:02:18 UTC 2004

Well, then more's the pity!
 From what Mike has written in the time I've
subscribed to this list, it appears he is less
hypocritical than most people. Mike is to be taken
seriously, he's quite informed, but I don't take his
version of libertarianism seriously- i'm not an
impressionable adolescent who gets excited when
someone pitches an exotic religion or an unfamiliar
political philosophy. On purely economic grounds
libertarianism is correct, the free market is most
efficient. But so what. Humans aren't generally wired
for the free market; were slowly becoming more
liberty-oriented, yet the expansion of liberty is
moving at a snail's pace compared to a human lifetime
as we have known it.

>In 1930 Godel showed that even
> arithmetic was hypocritical.

=====
Nixon in '08 - he's tanned rested and ready