[extropy-chat] Extropian Scorecard

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Tue Nov 9 18:39:39 UTC 2004

Mike Lorrey wrote:

>--- BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Anybody noticed the collapse in the USdollar exchange rate this year?
>>And especially since Bush was re-elected.
>>Last year we got about 1.6 USD for a pound. Now we get about 1.85
>>USD. If it continues (i.e. if the huge US deficit continues) we will
>>all be able to pop over to the US and buy everything for loose
>>

>change.
>

>>Isn't economics wonderful?
>>

>To be expected with yesterdays announcement by IPG of a 60 day state of
>emergency. Bush will get done what needs to be done, they'll have
>elections in January, and things will get better. Meanwhile the
>international left will use its assets to leverage as much damage on
>the US financially as it can.

What a laugh.  We are doing a fine job of damaging our own economy and
have been for decades.  It is not an "international left" conspiracy if
the economic chickens come home to roost.   Both "left" and "right" have
practiced disasterous economic policies for far too long in this
country.   Mr. Bush in particular has grossly added to the huge debt
burden of this country.

>Financial pressure is about all they can do, really. They don't have
>the military might or will to do anything. Switzerland could come up
>with a larger army in 24 hours than Germany could draft together in 6 months.

So might makes right heh?

-s