[extropy-chat] Extropian Scorecard

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 15 00:20:49 UTC 2004

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> China is seeing that US military forces are
> currently at their limits
> in the Iraq deployment and cannot handle a second
> regional or major war
> without a nationwide draft and significant lag time
> for training
> draftees.

> Some troop planes and ships may simply redeploy
> directly to Taiwan from
> Iraq, setting up a rear logistical and command area
> in Guam.

Better yet...

"Hi, Iran?  We're pulling out of Iraq now.  You're
going to let us march right through - no, you're
*going* to let us march right through, and if you
resist we'll roll over you on the way.  We won't stay
long; we'll just hop over to Afghanistan and maybe
knock a few warlords there en route to China's back
door.  Let's see how China likes fighting the same
forces on two fronts, especially if we treat their
peasants - ah, sorry, the residents of their
impoverished and politically disenfranchised regions -
far better than the Chinese government has, and start
getting their farmers used to fair market Western
prices for food instead of the chump change they've
been getting so far.  Oh, and Russia might love the
chance to prove it's still got a very strong military
force, especially if we helped with some of their
bills."

China's leaders can see this too, so I doubt Taiwan
will be attacked in 2005.