[extropy-chat] Seth, 4 forces and urk

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 15 09:32:03 UTC 2004

Regarding both commments:

1) What you see on the screen does not look like the inside of the box.
Computers, cars, brains, URLs

2) Evolution somehow created "feelings" for mammals. The result is better
survival, for mammals. Deep feelings of connection with the all of it,
probably a modification of mother/child bonding, serves survival. What this
has to do with the 4 physical forces is hardly relevant. What we see on the
screen is obviously some function of the 4 forces, with a whole lotta
complexity. cars, brains, URLs too.

3) Even if we ever determine the relation between the initial BCs and final
BCs, there is still the problem of observability. Note each cm^3 of air has
10^19 molecules in it, and any way of finding out the details will change
them beyond recovery. Can you spell 'heisenberg'?

4) Once we know brain mechanics in nanosystemic detail, feeling 'godly' or
'connected' will be just one of the "Control Menu" options we will all
have. And a whole lot more options which I cannot begin to imagine.

5) After the Dewar (cryonics), my intention is to be an artist in
perception, inner and outer, with a focus on positive states including
those of the mystical.

At 11:52 PM 11/14/2004, you wrote:
> > Basically I mean there should be something else
> > as fundamental as the 4 forces at the beginning
> > of the universe such that I can feel this world
> > and my existence now.
> > Walter
>
>The (remote, eh) possibility that the state of the
>universe is a function both of some initial
>boundary condition and of some (*whatever*) final
>boundary condition, cannot be ruled out. In this
>case that "something else as fundamental as" could
>have some meaning (but different and less subjective).
>See, in example, Sommers here
>http://www.arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/9404022

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =