[extropy-chat] Complex Adaptive Systems

nsjacobus at yahoo.com nsjacobus at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 23:32:34 UTC 2004

Well, in terms of Complex Adaptive System use outside of biology, an
excellent application would be Kevin Kelly's book Out Of Control in
it's discussion of economics.

Rheingold's book Smart Mobs is in a similar vein as applied to group
behaviors and communication.

Also, complex adaptive systems feature heavily in artificial life,
cellular automatons, etc. Now that i think about it, Wolfram's work (A
New Kind of Science) has a lot of relevance to the use and explanation
of CAS's.

Cheers,
Nige.