[extropy-chat] Warwick: Could future computer viruses infecth umans?

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 17 06:38:34 UTC 2004

I am sure 'neurocybernetic' will do nicely.

As to whether a 'virus' can be made, be aware that most virii, physical or
informational, depend on some kind of hack of the host's structure -
whether the DNA replication system or the Hard Drive file system. If the
details of these systems are not visible, hacking is extremely difficult. A
good example is breaking cryptosystems vs codesystems. A cryptosystem is
algorithmic, the world of same is comparatively small and regular (except
one time pads). A code system is a mapping between words and phrases, and
there are no regualar rules there. I recall a movie, wind talkers? about
the Navajo language being used for secure messaging in the Pacific WWII.
Not crackable cuz no Navajo speakers in Japan....

This suggests, rather nastily, that each of us has a unique neural net, and
detailed cross translation of experience is undoable. I can imagine growing
up with a dynamic interface which converts Me.Neurosystem to Net.HolyHTTP
and vice versa, but a true translation between Me.Neurosystem and
You.Neurosystem is something I quaila at....

At 10:09 PM 11/16/2004, you wrote:
>--- nsjacobus at yahoo.com wrote:
> > What I was suggesting was a completely general
> > neuro-biological
> > interface that is capable of interacting in both
> > directions.
>
>"Neuro-biological" technically refers to the existing
>interface we already have, with no electronic (or
>similar) components.  (Sorry, but there are rules for
>combining terms like that, including that you list
>everything you're referring to.  Even if there
>weren't, "neurobiology" is a well established
>scientific field, and thus has prior claim to that
>term.)

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =