[extropy-chat] Atheists launch inquisition...

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 25 03:55:32 UTC 2004

> Mike Lorrey
> Subject: [extropy-chat] Atheists launch inquisition...
>
> Declaration of Independence Banned at Calif School
>
>...at Stevens Creek School in the
> San Francisco Bay area suburb of Cupertino...

I wonder how they figure Cupertino is a suburb of
San Francisco?  It is closer to the more populated
city of San Jose.  San Jose gets no respect.

> In June, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear the case of a
> California atheist who wanted the words "under God" struck from the
> Pledge of Allegiance as recited by school children. The appeals court
> in California had found that the phrase amounted to a violation of
> church and state separation... Mike Lorrey

Im waiting for some ballsy high school student to end
the customary invocation before the local football game
with "...we pray in the name of Satan amen..."

What do you suppose would happen?