[extropy-chat] Researchers and students in America

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Nov 26 17:02:32 UTC 2004

Mike Lorrey:
>If there is such a visa clamp down, why is it that the pre-existing
>H1-B quota was exhausted on the first day of the fiscal year?

Backlog from waiting for one or two years?

I don't know if you are questioning the basic premise of the article,
but for me it is old news, the visa restrictions have been written
about in the last years in all of the periodicals to which I subscribe.
For example,  Physics today was printing a new report on the visa
restrictions every few months. Nature and  Science and The Economist
have printed  articles once in a while on this topic too. You should
be able to find more information on the web.

Have a good weekend.

Amara