[extropy-chat] grow closer to god--through the mail!!

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Tue Nov 30 04:50:48 UTC 2004

From: "Brent Neal" <brentn at freeshell.org>

> I will point out, for sake of fairness, that religions without
organizations, such as many Neopagan faiths, do not receive recognition from
the government.  Most Pagan groups don't even have 501(c)(3) status. I'd be
willing to bet that Hindu temples in the US are in the same boat, though I
have no data to speak about that authoritatively.

I am actually opposed to all forms of "oh-how-special" tax exemptions for
religious groups (in my post I was trying to be mock-serious).

At the very least, I would like religions to be taxed like any other
entertainment business.

Olga