[extropy-chat] Manditory draft for your child? Get Real

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 18:39:26 UTC 2004

--- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Now, when you read  "Iran's Defense Minister Says Iran
> Has Missiles Of 1,250 Mile Range" you could say it is
> a matter for serious reflection. But Rangel's bill is
> such a silly election year ploy I'm surprised anyone
> over the age of nineteen would take it seriously for
> more than 10 seconds.

Well, correction, Rangel's bill dates back to early 2003. It is true
that it was created as a political football by Rangel in an attempt to
rally suburban and rural youths and mothers against the war via
fearmongering. On that score I'd call it sick and cynical.

The Iranian ICBM is indeed a matter of serious reflection, though,
indicative of a regime that seems intent on starring in Armageddon,
which the Bush administration may be entirely willing to cooperate in
sooner, while a Kerry admin might appease and delay the inevitable,
giving strength and power to the fanatics in Tehran.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)