[extropy-chat] an interesting new QT model of gravity

scerir scerir at libero.it
Sat Oct 16 18:38:00 UTC 2004

[D.B.]
Ahem. His website says:
"Kris Krogh
Sr. Electronics Technician"

Heh! Everyone seems to be interested
in Pioneer anomalous acceleration
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0307042
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0405076

Nottale's expanation of the Pioneer anomaly
is based on Mach's principle (and I like it,
because everyone says Mach was wrong).
Nottale just reconciles a local coordinate system
with a global one by simply matching two metrics
at the orbital distances of the Pioneer.

Another paper, by Carlos Castro, showing the maximal
proper force to be related to Born's Dual Principle
of Relativity combined with Mach's ideas about the
dynamics of the masses in the universe
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0211053
seems to point out a possible connection between
micro & macro (an idea Dirac had, and wrote about).

Btw (nothing to do with the above), there is a paper,
by G.Kalbermann, which - according to a real expert of
relativity, strings, etc. - is consistent (at least).
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/9910063
'Communication through an extra dimension'
12 pages, Int.J.Mod.Phys. A15 (2000) 3197-3206
'If our visible universe is considered a trapped
shell in a five-dimensional hyper-universe,
all matter in it may be connected by superluminal
signals traveling through the fifth dimension.
Events in the shell are still causal, however,
the propagation of signals proceeds at different
velocities depending on the fifth coordinate.'

(Something we all heard about, but I never read
a canonical paper)