[extropy-chat] Dr. Strangelove - the "documentary" :-)

Simon Dawson extropians at perception.co.nz
Sun Oct 17 07:33:26 UTC 2004

>spike wrote
>Oh they would find out soon enough.  The notion is that
>there are plenty of places that wouldn't be anywhere
>near any conceivable target.  There are advanced
>technological civilizations that have never had
>(to my knowledge) any beef with anyone, such as
>New Zealand.  Do they even *have* a military?

yes, NZ does have a military, but it's kind of amusing..
"girl guides" as described by an ex South African special
forces friend.

the navy is mostly to keep better equipped and probably
more expensive Japanese fishing boats out of our waters.

I'm not sure if the air force -has- any active fighter
planes any more after the last ones were decommissioned..

we're all a bit friendly down here to go picking fights..

Si