[extropy-chat] what's in a name, Fortesque?

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 24 18:03:03 UTC 2004

> Damien Broderick

> >Least I didn't call you Darren (or Derwood....)
>
> As I just mentioned to Sean offlist, this correction wasn't
> from me but from long-time extropian poster Spike Jones. I suspect a
few
> newbies get his posts and mine confused...

You flatter me sir.  But thanks in any case.  {8^D

> Sorry for the confusion...

Oh I don't mind one bit.  I was fortunate indeed to have
been given that nickname back in the mid 80s, long before
I ever heard of the Spike.

> We could deal with this easily by persuading Spike Jones to
> use his real name, Cecil Faulteroy Jones. Damien Broderick

Well that is a bit extreme.  I shall however continue to
differentiate myself from the Spike by signing with the
lower case s.