[extropy-chat] what's in a name, Fortesque?

Sean Diggins sean at valuationpartners.com.au
Sun Oct 24 18:08:01 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Damien
Broderick
Sent: Monday, 25 October 2004 1:35 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: [extropy-chat] what's in a name, Fortesque?

At 12:47 AM 10/25/2004 +0800, Sean D. wrote:

>Who is this David you are referring to?  Brin?  It
>was Damien Broderick who wrote The Spike.
>
>spike
>
>-----------------

>Least I didn't call you Darren (or Derwood....)

As I just mentioned to Sean offlist, this correction wasn't from me but
from long-time extropian poster Spike Jones. I suspect a few newbies get
his posts and mine confused. I've never been called `Spike'. The part of my
@ reading `thespike' is just a mnemonic for my book title. Sorry for the
confusion.

We could deal with this easily by persuading Spike Jones to use his real
name, Cecil Faulteroy Jones.

Damien Broderick

And, as I repied to Damien: Cripes, I'm having a VERY bad night!
It's 2.00am here in Western Australia.
I'm goin' to bed before I trip over my own feet in here again.
Consider me very much "oh dear, oh dear, oh deared..."
I need a cup of hot milk and 12 hours sleep...

Sean