[extropy-chat] how partisanship skews perception

Sean Diggins sean at valuationpartners.com.au
Sun Oct 24 18:26:05 UTC 2004

That quote was not from me.
I did not write it, nor would I.
And I'm not shucking communist jive.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm closer to being an "egalitarian
libertarian", if such a thing is possible.

  -------

No, it's not possible, unless you can explain to us how you plan to
enforce equality amongst libertarians.  With guns, no noubt... making
sure none get too rich, have too many reserves in case of famine, and
think too far in the future.  You will be forcibly holding every man
down to the lowest achiever, the laziest.  It's not fair that anyone
should have more than anyone else, even though you want to let everyone
do whatever they want.  How exactly do you reconcile making sure
everyone is exactly the same with the live and let live philosophy of
libertarianism?

--------------------------------------
Sean: By wanting to be somewhere in the middle. I just havent figured out
where.
I have never been able to fully embrace libertarianism, or egalitarianism,
but I am compellingly attracted to elements of both.
I'll have to get back to this later...need sleep.

" But your "and wrt capitalist countries, there are fewer people with
running water now than at any time in history.... thanks to capitalism."

And though I wont speak for Mike Lorrey, I will wager that is was a
typo, and he meant to say that fewer people are 'without' running water
than ever before in the history of humanity.

Michael

You win, I lose. Obvious, in hindsight...this has NOT been one of my better
nights at the keyboard. My brain has exposed itself as being mainly salt
water in a boney container!

Sean