[extropy-chat] Bush wants another $75 billion for wars

Hal Finney hal at finney.org
Wed Oct 27 16:46:31 UTC 2004

Samantha Atkins writes:
> I am out of belief that anyone has any good reason to keep this
> monstrously incompetent moron in office.

So how do you explain to yourself why about 50% of Americans do want
to keep Bush in office?  Do you think they are all wicked people?

How seriously do you consider the possibility that they might be right
and you wrong?  Is that completely out of the question for you?

I am interested in understanding how people cling so hard to beliefs in
the face of evidence of widespread disagreement, which would suggest
that in fact the issues (in this case, which candidate would make a
better president) are quite uncertain.

Hal