[extropy-chat] IRAQ: Weapons pipeline to Syria

Stephen Van_Sickle sjvans at ameritech.net
Sun Oct 31 21:19:56 UTC 2004

--- Alfio Puglisi <puglisi at arcetri.astro.it> wrote:

> To solve the contradiction, one has to recognize
> that one hypotesis is
> wrong, i.e. that they are trying to follow a
> political agenda.

Not necessarily.

First, they could have dropped the outlier to make the
result more believeable for political purposes.

Second, the outlier is only the cherrypicking they
admitted to.

Third, any cheerypicking reduces the credibility, and
raises in my mind at any rate the question of what
else they did that I am missing (see #2).

While I am loathe to agree with Mike Lorrey on this,
who reached his conclusion apparently without data or
reading the paper, the study is crap.

steve