[extropy-chat] The most "dangerous" idea

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 2 06:24:44 UTC 2004

If I understand correctly, this guy was saying that
transhumanism would, if embraced, be the most
dangerous
idea because it would necessarily lead to the most
extreme "us vs. them" humanity has seen to date?

I would say the most dangerous idea, if embraced, is
that there needs to be an "us vs. them".  Look what
has happened when it has been embraced.  Granted, it
is sometimes inevitable, such as when you have
different religious sects whose holiest beliefs
require conversion or genocide of all non-believers.
But looking to violence or other antagonism as
always the first resort causes a lot of unneeded
grief.