[extropy-chat] why do we stop laughing?

Zero Powers zero.powers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 04:23:00 UTC 2004

Not to mention the on-the-job hazards.  My step dad was a letter
carrier before going to law school.  After he got admitted to the bar
the majority of his cases were dog bites suffered by his former
co-workers.  I still can't believe how routinely those folks were
getting munched on the job.

Imagine delivering mail to someone with a vicious dog in the yard who
is able on occasion to slip his leash or hop the fence.  Imagine
getting attacked by that dog and, after recouperating from the attack
having to continue delivering mail to the offending dog owner.  Why
that alone is enough to make one want to go postal, or in my step
dad's case get an education and get out of that line of work.

Zero