[extropy-chat] GOOGLE: innovative recruiting technique

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 02:41:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:27:34 -0700, Spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > Joseph S. Barrera III
> > Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] GOOGLE: innovative recruiting technique

> > >  Why do you say that?
>

> The reason I didn't pursue a job there when I solved their
> (really cool) math puzzles: every job they described in their
> recruitment website can be offshored to countries where they
> can be performed at a dramatically lower cost.
>
> I have a spin on Murphy's famous law that applies especially
> well to the US and Europe over the next 10 to 20 years:
>
> Any job that can be exported, will be.
>
> spike

Do you guys think these jobs are being exported successfully? I've
been reading about "onshoring" in the tech industry in the US
recently; apparently there's a bit of a backlash going on.

http://www.aspnews.com/trends/article.php/3344651

http://www.infoage.idg.com.au/index.php/id;101925378;fp;4;fpid;528913576

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3335461

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/7959748.htm