[extropy-chat] If the nonUS citizens voted in Nov 2 elections...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 12:55:31 UTC 2004

--- Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:07:16 -0700 (PDT), Mike Lorrey
> <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > So little crime is actually reported to police in europe (and so
> few
> > police actually keep track of it) that it is meaningless to go by
> > police reports. You need to survey the population, instead.
> >

> Do you have such a survey?

Look, I've posted the data several times in the past when europeans
made stupid statements about US crime. Go look in the archives. Whoever
it was that posted TWO statistical categories was cherry picking. I
said ALL property crime, not just car theft. It logically follows that
since we have the most cars here in the US that there would be a higher
incidence of auto theft. I'll bet the incidence of bicycle theft in
europe is astronomical compared to the US.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)