[extropy-chat] If the nonUS citizens voted in Nov 2 elections...

Alfio Puglisi puglisi at arcetri.astro.it
Wed Sep 29 16:02:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Mike Lorrey wrote:

>--- Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:07:16 -0700 (PDT), Mike Lorrey
>> <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > So little crime is actually reported to police in europe (and so
>> few
>> > police actually keep track of it) that it is meaningless to go by
>> > police reports. You need to survey the population, instead.
>> >

>> Do you have such a survey?
>
>Look, I've posted the data several times in the past when europeans
>made stupid statements about US crime. Go look in the archives. Whoever
>it was that posted TWO statistical categories was cherry picking.

I didn't select those two categories, they were only the first two to
cross my mind, and they are subcategories of property crime, and actually
your posts didn't show up in the Google search :-)) . Their numbers where
radically different, and that's an example of the difficulties involved in
making generalizations.

>It logically follows that since we have the most cars here in the US that
there would be a higher incidence of auto theft.

Did you even read my post? the US auto theft rate was lower, relative to
the number of circulating cars.

Alfio