[extropy-chat] Futurist and transhumanist meetings in Brussels

Jose Cordeiro jose_cordeiro at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 08:32:49 UTC 2005

Dear friends,

     Remember to register for the Millennium Project meetings in
Brussels, where I will be participating as well. This will be a fascinating
conference and you can read all about it here:

http://www.wallonie-en-ligne.net/2005_EuMPI/

     We have also finalized the arrangements for our first informal
transhumanist meeting in Brussels on Sunday, April 17, 2:00 pm.
Charles-Philip Bentley has prepared a very nice web page with all the
information, and it looks very nice:

http://users.coditel.net/mordan/transhumanism/home.html

     In the meantime, take a look at this great transhumanist
video produced by the respected French scientist Joel de Rosnay, author of
the excellent book "The Symbiotic Man" (published in 2000). Don't miss
it, since it is really beautiful, and the French accent gives it a very
special flavour:

http://www.cite-sciences.fr/english/ala_cite/expo/tempo/defis/recit_1/clipfinal2.swf

     I am truly looking forward to meeting you all soon and then
hosting you in Venezuela next Summer for the next international transhumanist
conference:

www.TransHumanismO.org/tv05

     Transhumanistically yours,

     La vie est belle!

     Yosé (www.cordeiro.org)

Informal Meeting in Brussels for Transhumanist Enthusiasts!

Sunday, April 17, 2:00 pm, Hotel Carrefour de l’Europe

Next Sunday, April 17. The first rendez-vous is at the train station called "Gare Centrale" in the middle of Brussels at 2:00 pm in the afternoon. From there, we will head to a nice cafe where late arrivers can join us. The final meeting place is the "Barista Lounge" of the hotel "Carrefour de l'Europe". The exact address is:

Hotel Carrefour de l'Europe, “Barista Lounge”
Grasmarkt / Rue Marché aux herbes #110
B-1000 Brussels

"See map and look for the red arrow pointing to the location of the
"Barista Lounge".

This meeting is open for uncommitted transhumanists! Participants do
not have to be members of the World Transhumanist Association. All
curious people are welcome if interested in transhumanist values, the
organization, the declaration articles, and anything else related to this
fascinating line of thought called transhumanism.

Looking forward seeing you!

Contact: wta-belgium at yahoogroups.com

Confirmed attendants (as of April 9)

Jose Cordeiro (http://www.cordeiro.org/)
Charles-Philip Bentley (+32 0498 919596, Home: 119A Rue de Laeken 1000
Bruxelles)
Rene M Finkler
Samuele Bennici (+32 049-/27.47.51)
Julien Cohen (to be confirmed)
Frederik Cheeseman (to be confirmed)
Gustavo Lacerda (to be confirmed)
Bruno Degreef (to be confirmed)
Kedji Kiwewa (to be confirmed)

from http://www.ilotsacre.be/site/fr/default_fr.htm

Metro Stations

from http://www.stib.irisnet.be/FR/31000F.htm

La vie est belle!

Yosé (www.cordeiro.org)

Caracas, Venezuela, Americas, TerraNostra, Solar System, Milky Way, Multiverse