[extropy-chat] Exoskeletons about to hit market

Neil Halelamien neuronexmachina at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 09:51:54 UTC 2005

On 4/12/05, "Hal Finney" <hal at finney.org> wrote:
> While waiting I'd love to try out the bouncing shoes from
> http://www.kangoojumps.com/ or even better the extreme ones from
> http://www.superdairyboy.com/poweriser.html which let you jump 6 feet
> in the air and take 9 foot strides.  I'll bet you could move pretty fast
> in those.  Unfortunately they're $425 but I did some research into them
> a few years ago and there were a few places renting them out by the hour
> back then.  I don't know if they are still in business or if liability
> shut them down.

Hm... I wonder if DARPA's ever considered adapting the Poweriser for
military use. I imagine that there'd be some sort of quick-strike
military operation where something like that would be useful.

It would also be interesting if the Poweriser included some sort of
powered mechanism to enhance the springiness of strides.