[extropy-chat] Re: (Ethics/Socio) Arrow of Morality

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Thu Apr 14 19:03:12 UTC 2005

Jef Allbright wrote:

> We now find ourselves at the cusp of a qualitatively new level of
> awareness of our selves and our environment.  It's an awareness
> manifested at the higher context level of the group, rather than the
> individual, because we have reached the point where our environment is
> becoming too complex for the individual to effectively comprehend
> sufficiently to make effective large-scale decisions.  The time is
> right for a science of right and wrong (what works) incorporating
> principles of effective interaction of complex systems.

I would say exactly the opposite.
That with PostHuman capabilities society can be pretty much dispensed
with as far as individual needs are required even in the hitech sphere.
Right now is the point where we are approaching the maximum
'incomprehendability'.
I expect that to pass as our intellects are massively enhanced.

I see PostHuman morality to be somewhat simpler than that required at the present time.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org