Small government was Re: [extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 19 01:08:02 UTC 2005

--- Joseph Bloch <jbloch at humanenhancement.com> wrote:
> You know what I mean.

Yeah, yeah.  :P

> If you follow Mike's advice, that nobody owes taxes because of some
> cockamammey tortured legal argument that nobody believes, you're
> going
> to be wearing an orange jumpsuit. Managing deductions and exploiting
> acknowledged loopholes in the tax code is not what we're talking
> about.
>
> You follow the advice on the website Mike recommended, you're
> breaking
> the law.

Yep.  I'm in full agreement there.  But you missed the philosophy part
of my post: rather than view the government as this big nasty evil
thing that needs to be fought against and overthrown, you can get
better results - in terms of better understanding exactly WHY you're
fighting against the government, and in delivering to the people
something that really is better than the government we have today - by
finding ways to exploit the government.  People with mostly our same
aims have, over the past two centuries, infiltrated the government and
set up exceptions, allowances, and other things for us to take
advantage of.  It would be a shame not to use them.

To take a more physical analogy: why fight security when you can just
badge right through it, using the badge that's been hidden away for
someone just like you, on the way to the hearing to get security
defunded?  Kill a cop, they train another one.  Remove an entire
corrupt police department from the payroll, and it doesn't come back.

One can't defeat government on one's own.  But one can take advantage
of the sabotage that sympathizers have put in place.  Lots of people,
many of whom do not know each other and never will, but all working
together to ensure a better tomorrow...

...oh, wait, that's what the government's supposed to be, isn't it?