Small government was Re: [extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 03:55:58 UTC 2005

It is not cockamammey.  The law was purposefully made obtuse and
confounding even to experts who themselves can not really understand it
due to sheer volume.  That itself is a great evil.   The Constitution
does put some limits on the power to tax that most of the obfuscation
is designed to evade.   It is surely a good thing to seek to clarify
what the hell the mess really means.  Throwing people in jail who
attempt to do so shows a callous disregard for the rule of law on the
part of the state.  Trying to scare people into not questioning the
State means the State can do whatever it wants with impunity from you.
There is no way in hell you have enough knowledge in this area to say
what the law is.

- samantha