[extropy-chat] Re: Government & Marriage (Was: Spain has become the third country in Europetolegalise gay marriage

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Fri Apr 22 16:23:51 UTC 2005

nvitamore at austin.rr.com wrote:

>Dirk, Let's start a new thread if you are going to break off the original
>threat topic.

Or even thread...

>Dirk wrote:
>
>"I would have thought that a better Transhumanist position would be to
>try and get the govt *out* of the marriage business.
>IMO it's a mix of religion and contract law that could well survive
>without any govt input at all."
>

>Did I mention keeping government in marriage?  Don't think so.  Not my
>views at all.

Well, you seem pretty pleased that the Spanish govt is extending its
reach to gay marriage.
I can only hope that the whole thing is stretched to breaking point in
the near future with recognition and equal rights to marry multiple pets
(straight or gay).

Why can't I marry my car?

Dirk

The Consensus:-