[extropy-chat] Inheritance

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Mon Aug 1 15:32:08 UTC 2005

The Avantguardian wrote:

>I hereby fully and completely retract my proposal to cap inheritance. It
>was based on faulty math that my own experiments disproved... which goes
>to show you why I am a scientist and not a mathematician. ;)

That evidence can alter one's position is an attribute suggestive of a mensch.

>So there is an advantage to starting with more money, but the advantage
>scales linearly and not exponentially like it did in my purely
>mathematical analysis.

Of course, your game presupposes that both players have the same betting
strategies and that all bets are at the same odds. There are psychological,
genetic, and social factors that benefit high, middle, and low players to
differing extents.

-- David Lubkin.