[extropy-chat] can't war protesters do better?

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 19:14:04 UTC 2005

Polemics are valuable, I'm accused of being a "pabulum spewer" and for  "mistaking twaddle for objectivity" by leftwing stormtroopers in this most politically polarized town I live in. There is something to what they are saying, one picks a side based on the best information one has and forthrightly try to defend the position; one doesn't change position every time winds blow in contrary directions. But still, can't we have polemics and also have diversity of opinion where all aspects are discussed? One side says, "imperialist Bush administration are thieves", the other says, "you car-driving coddled ingrate protesters".
Air America is a real disappointment, you'd think AA would want to look at both sides, but no, they would rather grandstand about Evil Bush's Empire Striking Back. Where is diversity in dissemination of information? Is it necessary for us to be spoonfed info in such an important 'issue' as war and peace?