[extropy-chat] can't war protesters do better?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 20:48:21 UTC 2005

--- Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sure it's hypocrisy. All foreign policy everywhere is based on
> hypocrisy except...where? Monaco?  I'm glad you discuss American
> hypocrisy because I live in a red state and the attitude here is "up
> yours, pinko". Yet I also want to be informed more about what other
> nations besides the US and British are doing, for instance we are
> told very little about murderous French hypocrisy in N. Africa. Are
> African lives worth less than Iraqi lives? are the French kinder
> gentler executioners? do they let captured insurgents drink a bottle
> of wine before they are shot?
>
> Dirka al Bruere spaketh:
> >Unless, of course, the US installs a dictatorship just as vicious as

> >Saddam's.
> >Which would not surprise me give the usual US hypocrisy when it
comes
> >to 'democracy and human rights'.

Better yet: did the French go into Africa with a UN mandate? With any
allies? Nyet, non. Why doesn't the "international community" think less
of them for it? Where is the outrage, Dirka al Bruere? Where is the
outrage at the hypocrisy of those who condemn the US and its allies
enforcing UN resolutions, but stand silent over the internationally
'illegal' French actions in Africa? Where is the outrage, mister
principle?

On a related note, I see that John "level the top six floors of the UN
Building and make the world a better place" Bolton has arrived on site
at Hate America, SA/Gmbh/Ppty Ltd. Most diplomats, when asked by
liberal US reporters what they thought of Bolton's legitimacy, given he
was recess appointed by Bush after Congress dawdled its way out of town
for vacation, and given most diplomats asked at the UN were appointed
by leaders who typically came to power by shooting, hanging,
defenestrating, disappearing, or merely exiling their equally dubiously
legitimate predecessors, said, "He obviously has an immense amount of
respect and trust from President Bush, who feels it is very important
that he be here, so that is all we need to know."

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com