[extropy-chat] Re: Transhumanist short story

mail at harveynewstrom.com mail at harveynewstrom.com
Mon Aug 15 12:33:16 UTC 2005

spike writes:

> When all is said and done, *everything* condenses to $.
> $ makes things happen, $ is the prime mover.  If $ is the
> root of all evil, $ is also the root of all cool.  I'm
> pretty sure that somehow $ caused the big bang.  When
> the scientists discover the Theory Of Everything, they
> will realize it was all designed to maximize $.  No
> need to single out Rand.
>
> spike

There is a "Far Side" cartoon where Einstein is looking dumbfounded at a
complex jumble of equations on the left side of a chalk board and a big "=$"
on the right side.  The caption reads, "Einstein discovers that time
actually is money."

 --
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP