[extropy-chat] Politics: Transhumanist Social System

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 00:27:34 UTC 2005

--- Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:

> > Forward 2 Steps: To create this we need a
> multi-disciplinary,
> > non-partisian, writing team.
>
> We kind of have one...if the partisan chaff can be
> separated out of
> this list's content.

You said it, Adrian. I have tried on several
occassions to start objective non-partisan threads
about politics, and 2 posts into it, the partisans are
already name calling and grand-standing. It may be
necessary to create an abstract fictional "model
society" with problems similar to our own as an
exercise. Then everyone can objectively think of
solutions to these problems, rather then resorting to
partisan ad-hominem and such. In fact, it would be
great to find a scientific "model" for economic
entities that would lend itself readily to
experimentation without violating human rights.
Similar to the way that mice are used to "model" human
physiology without resorting to Josef Mengele type
human experimentation.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson