[extropy-chat] last post of the day

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 21:43:33 UTC 2005

Since Natasha has complained this will be my second and last post of the day, only as a reply to Mike's relevant post.
I personally don't know if the war is wrong or not-- but after listening (and it is excruciating) to the desperate agitprop of the war's opponents I'm more likely to approve of the war effort.  After one gets a good look at the numerous serious militants on the left one gets more than a strong sense they want to use people as cannon fodder in various ways. Sure it goes without saying most are not all Commies (such as WWP), but so many want to use the war as a wedge issue against America-- and some are merely faddists. I saw it all (and wish to learn from the mistakes) in the Vietnam era. Many back then weren't antiwar and anticonscription, they were anticapitalist & antiAmerican. They wanted to replace the war with a "Peoples' " war. We must distinguish between genuine antiwar activists and prowar agitators
-- some of them crypto-prowar agitators.

Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
Worse yet, she complains she wants her meeting with Bush. Well, she had
her meeting with Bush months ago after Casey died. The problem was, she
wanted a special meeting with Bush, separate from the rest of her
family, because she is a radical leftist friend of Michael Moore, not
some average American mom like the media is making out. She has said
she looks on radical stalinist (and convicted terrorist coconspirator)
lawyer Lynn Stewart as her personal "Atticus Finch" (the lawyer in "To
Kill A Mockingbird". She is tromping on the grave of her son for
personal political gain. Shame on her.

Her cohorts are putting up crosses for every soldier killed in Iraq,
and ignoring the requests of thousands of relatives of said dead
soldiers to not include their family members name in their pathetic
publicity stunt. Where is the shame?

She also repeats the false claim put out by Michael Moore that no
politicians kids are serving in the military or in Iraq or Afghanistan.
There are in fact 20-30 children of congressmen on active duty in the
gulf or in afghanistan, 20 times higher rate than the general
population. She is a liar as well as a shameless propagandizer of the
radical left.

--- Al Brooks wrote:

> The Cindy Sheehan Show outside of Crawford Texas displayed an
> exhibitionist streak in America, in this case Grieving Angry Mommy
> Sobbing On TV. It wasn't Cindy's deceased son Casey who starred in
> the show-- it was his very alive and kicking mother: "How could Bush
> do this to my son Casey?", not Casey Sheehan but rather "my SON Casey
> Sheehan".
> In Tom Wolfe's 'The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test' Ken Kesey leads a
> few of his friends to an antiwar protest preceding a march and then
> goes on a platform to the microphone in front of a large crowd:
> "You're playing their game by marching, people have been marching for
> thousands of years and still there is war", says kesey to audience,
> "And what are you saying when you yell out loud for peace? You are
> saying, Me! ME! look at ME!".
> Cindy Sheehan fits this like a glove, she is saying 'look at me! I
> was just another grieving mother before, and now I'm a celebrity
> grieving mother! Look at me! ME! Look at ME!'

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com