Please tell us a tree story Spike was Re: [extropy-chat] ping -please ignore

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 31 14:43:54 UTC 2005

> From: "spike" <spike66 at comcast.net>
>
> >I was on vacation.  Pondering trees.  {8-]  spike
>
> Poor Spike. He's dropped the hint a couple of times
> now, and no one has asked:
>
> So Spike do you think you shall ever see a thing
> so wondrous as a tree? ;-)
>
> Brett Paatsch

Glad you should ask Brett.

Yes I shall see something more wonderous than a tree: two
trees that have fallen in opposite directions.  Suppose
one is walking in an old growth forest and sees an uprooted
tree.  Surely the wind has taken it down.  But why two
in opposite directions?  I had an idea, which will need
to wait until this evening.