[extropy-chat] Geneticists move to Singapore

Morris Johnson mfj.eav at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 17:09:07 UTC 2005

It's like in my business the NHP business.
If we can sell hemp for vet with little or no regs in the USA
we won't bother to even start a market in Canada.

Life is too short to work around bureaucracies.

If nothing else,  it will drive the lesson home because those
regulators are not going to change their ways
until major shortfalls in economic activity
drive the message right to the top that
fundamental security to move forward freely
must be  built into the whole system.

I can cite the example of hyperbaric hydrogen
therapy for cancer that was killed in Texas
in 1975 for simle liability reasons.
It never came back.
The same might be with biotech.

I see the same ridiculous things with the integration
herbal and nutraceutical polypharmacy R&D and commercialization  into
mainstream medicine.

You have to go where the least restricted market is
and unfortunately once there it is quite a stretch
to backtrack.

MFJ