[extropy-chat] effing

Brent Allsop allsop at extropy.org
Fri Dec 2 22:56:00 UTC 2005

gts:

> I have powers to *analyse* my observations but I am completely at the
> mercy of the world with respect to observation itself. I have no choice
> but to see snow as white and the sky as blue. These qualia-type qualities
> are powers of the objects of my observation.

But you do have a choice.  You can wear filtering glasses (or camera/tv
system or optical nerve splice...) that maps blue to white and visa versa.
Ultimately, we will be able to alter our brains so that whatever lands on
our retina - we'll be able to represent it with whatever we want.  Right?

Brent Allsop