[extropy-chat] baloney in the memetic superstructure

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 4 06:31:46 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] baloney in the memetic superstructure
>

> > > flying out of windows and such...
> >
> >That I vaguely remember in TV shows.  "I can flyyyyyy..."
> >(cue decreasing pitch whistle sound, followed by a muffled
> >boom, much like the sound Wile E. Coyote made on a regular
> >basis.)
>
> Sometime famous USian TV personality Art Linkletter's dead daughter was a
> source of much FUD:

Thanks Damien.  Had I remembered in time, I might have
cited James Swayze, former ExI poster and cryonics
enthusiast.

http://home.comcast.net/~swayzej/jspage_main.html

As I recall, his paralysis resulted from a drug-induced
flight out a window onto unforgiving pavement below.  His
was an accidental overdose: he was using marijuana
to treat glaucoma, not for kicks, but some ass put
PCP in it without telling him.