[extropy-chat] effing

Brent Allsop allsop at extropy.org
Mon Dec 5 16:58:55 UTC 2005

gts,

> Snow looks white, and there's not a darned thing I can do to change that
> fact. The power to look white comes from the snow. I have no power here.
> The snow has the power.

But gts, how can you say this?  Sure, evolution hasn't wired a control
mechanism into which quale we use to represent snow (part of the deception
that makes us think it is some external "power" or that our knowledge of the
object is the real object.)  But surely, when we start hacking our minds,
effing and so on, we will be adding such control mechanism and we will
clearly be able to represent the supposed whiteness of snow with any effing
phenomenal property we want.

Brent Allsop