[extropy-chat] Impeachment of President Bush What odds am I offered?

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 00:07:47 UTC 2005

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I wrote:
>
> > If I was to say that I have US$1000 of real money
> that
> > says that President George W Bush will be
> impeached
> > what odds would serious minded people like to
> offer
> > me I wonder?
>
> Spike?, John?, Stu?, Jeff, Alan, Robin, Hal ?
> Anyone?

Well I would guestimate the odds at being 3:1 against
him being impeached, but I could not cover that bet
for $1000. Bet me $25 dollars on the other hand and I
would stake $100 on the outcome and be happy to lose.
The odds may drop a little if a democratic congress
comes into play in Nov. 2006.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/MembersOnly/2005%20Dailies/December%202005/Dec%209-10b.htm

> "Suppose a candidate for Congress announces that, if
> elected,
>  he or she will work to impeach President Bush and
> Vice President Cheney.  Knowing this, would you be
> more
> or less likely to vote for that candidate?"

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. . ."

- Albert Einstein, "What I Believe" (1930)