[extropy-chat] Consciousness is a process in multi-dimensional time! [Was: Quali

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 03:21:13 UTC 2005

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> Unless Mr
> Won-Hoy's senses were completely obliterated by his
> ordeal, he would have
> had absolutely no trouble in detecting the
> difference in smell, taste,
> texture, viscosity, etc between rancid blood and
> fresh water.

Upon further consideration, I bow to Damien's
experience as a story-teller. My gory embellishments
to the story for dramatic effect were unnecessary.
They run counter to the spirit of Zen Buddhism which
lay in simplicity and they detract from the "truth"
inherent in the tale. I hereby amend the story such
that upon awakening Won-Hyo discovered that he had
drunk rain water from a human skull of dubious
cleaniness, which in itself, would be sufficient to
turn the stomachs of most civilized folk.
Even those used to drinking ground water from wells
dug in earth.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. . ."

- Albert Einstein, "What I Believe" (1930)