[extropy-chat] Singularitarian verses singularity

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 02:33:05 UTC 2005

On 12/22/05, The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Dirk Bruere <dirk.bruere at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What we are doing IRL does not often intersect with
> > topics on this list.
> This is a problem. Since what goes on IRL will
> detrmine our ultimate failure or success.
>
> > I have created a new type of political party in
> > Britain, am engaged as a
> > partner in a VR startup company and am writing a
> > book on the application of
> > 'exotic' technologies to magickal practices.
>
> Sounds great. You are obviously one of the
> "accomplished" I mentioned.

Not as accomplished as I would like to be...

> What
> > are we supposed to be
> > doing?
>
> Is this a rhetorical question or a nomination for
> leadership of the Consensus party? ;)

Neither - just a straight question (although if you would like to lead it
let me know!)
If the claim is that 'we' are just talking, what's the alternative?
I see memetic engineering as vital, which means that talking outside our own
clique is essential.
And by that I don't particularly mean to 'important people'. Six degrees of
separation.

Dirk