[extropy-chat] 'History' and the fulcrum of 1945

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Feb 9 14:53:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 09:11:07AM -0500, Keith Henson wrote:

> *Something* has to keep population in balance with the productivity of the
> ecosystem.  Since human have no predators, when the future looks bleak we
> have to be our own predators.

Autopredation is also what made us human (those not smart enough winding up in
the digestive tract).

Grim indeed, but it's also our past. As long as we have an operating system
for socities which contains our neolithic firmware, we're safe. Problems
beging when it breaks down, and we fall back to feral mode.