[extropy-chat] Bill Moyers' Comments - Debunked

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Feb 10 08:54:04 UTC 2005

On Feb 9, 2005, at 2:07 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:32:58AM -0800, Samantha Atkins wrote:
>
>> You are spewing poison to win a point concerning politics being
>> supposedly by its nature poisonous to the list?  That is dishonest and
>> very manipulative.  Cease and desist at once!
>
> No, I'm telling my opinion and simultaneously telling my meta-opinion.
>
> Outsource politics to extropy-politics@
>
> Orelse suffer the consequences.

Consequences including you being sure to make discussing politics here
extra painful on purpose?  Or do I misunderstand your disclaimer
levels?  Is this a determinably self-fulfilling prophecy?  If so then I
refuse the manipulation.  If not then I am opposed to the suggestion.
This is the chat list.  It is open to all kinds of stuff some
extropians find important.  Some of us value that openness.  We don't
generally value coercive manipulation.

> This way lies madness. Don't destroy a yet another list.

Yes, please don't.

- samantha