[extropy-chat] Bill Moyers' Comments - Debunked

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Feb 10 12:05:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 12:54:04AM -0800, Samantha Atkins wrote:

> Consequences including you being sure to make discussing politics here
> extra painful on purpose?  Or do I misunderstand your disclaimer

Sweet Jesus McMurthy, is this really so hard to understand? Why do I need so
many posts to even get people to listen??? I guess nobody cares, anymore.

I'm telling you my opinion, and simultaneously telling you it's not worth to
be discussed on this list. You're not getting anything done by allowing
polarizing issues through. If you think this is manipulation, be my guest.

Do you really need to get any more sheep onto this pasture? The grass is
almost all gone already.

> levels?  Is this a determinably self-fulfilling prophecy?  If so then I
> refuse the manipulation.  If not then I am opposed to the suggestion.
> This is the chat list.  It is open to all kinds of stuff some
> extropians find important.  Some of us value that openness.  We don't
> generally value coercive manipulation.
>

> >This way lies madness. Don't destroy a yet another list.
> >

> Yes, please don't.

Collectively, we have no choice.

Other than to leave, of course.

I guess it's time to take an extended vacation, again.